Wednesday, September 18, 2013

You Become Best Friends with the People You're in a Show With

I have always said that, especially during tech week, the only people that you can stand are the people that you're in a show with. You're always so crabby and anytime anyone talks you get automatically get annoyed, except for your cast members. It's like you all have a un-written rule that you just can't get mad at each other cause you're together ALL THE TIME. You get to learn so much about people when you do a show together. There's just something about being on the stage that creates a bond (:

the Annies 
Pretty much all of my best friends I met doing shows. Take my two very best friends, Annie and Annie (yes, both of my best friends are named Annie). The three of us have been doing shows together since we were in 7th and 8th grade (Annie W. is a year older than Annie S.and I) and we've been best friends since our freshman and sophomore years. Not only do we do shows together, but we also dance together so we're pretty much inseparable during musical season! Annie W, like I mentioned before, is a year older than us, so she's in college now and it's going to be so weird doing shows without her.


Shows are also a great way to make new years. For example, last year when my high school did Footloose, all of the lineman from the football team auditioned. At first, none of us really knew what to expect, because that had never happened before. But, it was the best time! I loved every second of being in a musical with them (and of course all of my show friends!) I cannot wait for our senior musical together, it's going to be great! (:

me and three of the "football boys"at prom

No comments:

Post a Comment