Thursday, September 12, 2013

You Save all Scripts, Programs, and T-shirts from Shows you've Been in or Seen

I don't know what it is, but there's something about having a Broadway playbill that just makes you feel like you're in theatre. I'll never forget the first Broadway show that I saw - The Lion King. I was in 3rd grade and I went down to Chicago with my parents and my siblings and just say in awe as I watched the story come alive in front of me. I think that I actually cried during Hakuna Matata when Simba grew into an adult (don't judge). Yes, I still that have that program and all of the other programs from the Broadway shows that I've seen.

my Broadway playbill collection
And I don't have just those, but also all of the programs AND scripts from the shows that I've been in (total count as of today: 10). I have my theater box, which is a box with the logo of Thoroughly Modern Millie (my first high school musical) on top, which has all of my stuff in it (scripts, letters, mock awards). I still look at my show box every once in a while just to put a smile on my face! Stuff like that reminds you of all of the memories that you made in that show, ones that literally will last a lifetime. I love my show box and my program collection and I know they are both something that I will probably keep forever.


my show box

No comments:

Post a Comment